Hibiscus Health Caribbean Inc. & CarePoint Presents the:
Inaugural Healthcare Technology Conference – Barbados
To Be Announced – 2019
Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre, St. Michael, Barbados
According to the World Health Organisation, a “health technology” is the application of organized knowledge and skills in the form of devices, medicines, vaccines, procedures and systems developed to solve a health problem and improve quality of lives.
Technology is transforming health. More and more health care practitioners are embracing technological tools to improve knowledge, patient communication, and outcomes and engage in research. Whether it be electronic health records, e-prescribing, personal health tools or data collection or management, technology is critical for both the patient and health care professional in the modern world.
Using health information to increase the effectiveness of health-related decision-making and to improve the delivery of health care is a high priority for countries in the Caribbean sub-region, and for regional and international agencies committed to improving health outcomes. Information Systems for Health are recognized by PAHO/WHO and other international agencies as a critical building block in effective health systems. (PAHO).
This symposium will bring together a cross section of healthcare practitioners, ICT professionals and research professionals from the Caribbean and International community to share on technologies that have improved or could improve day-to-day patient management; the patient-practitioner relationship; patient self-management and information management with the ultimate goal of enhancing healthcare outcomes in the region.
The conference will feature:
- Key sessions built around the use of tools and research in technology to advance outcomes
- Medical education presentations
- Workshops and interactive lectures
- Patient education sessions
- Health technology market – with vendors and suppliers displaying the medical devices, products, tools and services available to improve the lives and practice of patients and healthcare practitioners alike.
Continuing Professional Education credit will be available.
Hibiscus Health Caribbean and CarePoint welcomes sponsors, speakers and participants to the Inaugural Health Care Technology Conference – Barbados!
- To highlight the use of technology in the treatment, diagnosis and general advancement of health care
- To bring together health and ICT professionals in a forum to explore opportunities for research and product development
- To equip health care professionals with the knowledge and tools to enhance patient care and interventions
- To bring awareness to the public about the technologies and devices available to improve disease treatment and prevention; personal health monitoring and their everyday life.
This symposium is intended for:
- Physicians, nurses, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, mental health professionals, and patients
- Educators of health professionals who teach the incorporation of technology into patient care
- Researchers involved in health technology or health information technology
- Electronic Health Record and device designers
- Leaders of medical organizations or corporate entities involved in health technology
- ICT professionals
- Interested members of the general public and officials involved in healthcare technology
Registration for health care professionals and the public will be announced at a later date.
For More Information Contact Conference Organisers:
Hibiscus Health Caribbean Inc.
Weston, St. James, Barbados