BFPA’s Annual Sexual and Reproductive Health Conference – 2019: Focus on Men
NEW DATE: 24 November 2019
3 W’s Pavilion, UWI, Cave Hill, St. Michael, Barbados
The Barbados Family Planning Association presents its third annual medical conference on Sexual and Reproductive Health in the Caribbean. The goal of this conference is to provide an opportunity for information sharing of current sexual and reproductive health practices, psychosocial perspectives, patient considerations and barriers to care.
The 2019 conference focuses on the male. According to UNFPA, men have substantial sexual and reproductive health needs, including the need for contraception, prevention and treatment of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections (STIs), sexual dysfunction, infertility and male cancers. Yet these needs are often unfulfilled due a combination of factors, including a lack of service availability, poor health-seeking behaviour among men, health facilities often not considered “male-friendly,” and a lack of agreed standards for delivering clinical and preventative services to men and adolescent boys.
Topics will delve into several aspects of men’s health and include:
- Subfertility in Men: Why Are Sperm Counts dropping
- Men’s Mental Health and the Destigmatization of Psychotherapy in men
- Testicular Cancer
- Sex Drive as an Indicator for Cardiovascular Health
- Minimally Invasive Treatment for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Male Contraception with a focus on vasectomy
- Prostate Health: Updates in Screening and Management of Prostate Cancer.
- STIs: Atypical presentation in males
The full programme will be announced.
All health care providers, social workers, counsellors and other sexual & reproductive health stakeholders are invited to attend. CPE credit available.
Nurses/ Allied Health: $110
Payment Locations: www.ticketpal.com
Origin Boutique, Limegrove, St. James