Dr John Barker Bsc MBBS DFSRH Dip RISK MRCOG
Dr John Barker is a Specialist Obstetrician and Gynaecologist and a Consultant in the UK and is currently a Consultant Obstetrician/Gynaecologist and Director at JRB Medical Centre. He has completed his Postgraduate Training in the UK via the Mersey Deanery Rotation (Liverpool).
His areas of expertise are
• Gynaecological Oncology and Colposcopy – he has completed Advanced Training Skill Modules (ATSM’s) and evaluates suspected and confirmed gynaecological cancer patients, triages and treats.
• Alternatives to Hysterectomy – Hysteroscopic treatment for fibroids (submucosal fibroid resection), endometrial ablation and transcervical resection of the endometrium for heavy menstrual bleeding.
• Minimal access surgery – Laparoscopic hysterectomy and laparoscopic management of common gynaecological conditions.
• Office Gynaecology – Outpatient Hysteroscopy, endometrial ablation.
• Emergency Gynaecology – Emergency gynaecological care for women is about stream lining the level of care by having a specialised facility for women offering all aspects of emergency gynaecological care, it is associated with decreased hospital admissions, cost and time of diagnosis to treatment.
His topics at this year’s Annual Women’s Health Medical Conference are Alternative to Hysterectomy and Postmenopausal Bleeding.